An alternative to inter-row cultivators, the hooded sprayer can provide total weed kill between the rows without soil disturbance
An alternative to inter-row cultivators, the hooded sprayer can provide total weed kill between the rows without soil disturbance.
Band widths between 10cm and 60cm can be accommodated with 2 choices of hood size and a special swivel action. The hooded sprayer units can be employed on their own or in combination with soil engaging crop protection shields if required. The hoods are supported on parallel linkage wheel units.
Hooded sprayer’s can be equipped with full spraying systems, with a tank up to 600ltr, or with front mounted tanks if higher capacities are required
Garford also offer the option to work hooded spraying and band spraying as one unit having twin line systems being fed from two tanks one on the front of the tractor the other on the back. This allows for ultimate spraying efficiency due to the ability to provide total weed control between the rows and foliar coverage over the row. Therefore reducing chemical usage, cost and environmental risks are reduced.
Garfords have developed the In Row Weeder to be implemented to create the spot sprayer, a modified programme to seek out individual weeds growing in the crops. With the aid of specially developed nozzles, it sprays as a true spot sprayer, therefore reducing the chemical cost.
The Robocrop imaging camera views the crop ahead of the spray boom and locates the crop row using imaging techniques derived from the renowned Robocrop Precision Guidance System. As the Spot Sprayer advances forward the system analyses the image to locate other features such as clusters of green pixels which relate to clumps of weeds growing either between or within the crop row.
The operator can regulate the Robocrop imaging to suit the crop and desired performance i.e. weed kill versus crop safety. Crop row band width (the green dotted lines), Coverage % (the size of the redand Minimum target size are operator definable adjustments.
The special nozzles normally work at a pressure of less than 1 bar and produce a narrow angle fan of about 14 degrees in order to precisely target the weed and avoid contact with the crop. With a forward speed of 5kph and nozzle height of 30cm an area of just 5.0 x 7.5cm can be targeted.
- Tough polyethylene hood
- Breakback mounting
- Parallelogram wheel unit height control
- Quick and easy bandwidth adjustment via swivel action
- Bandwidths from 12cm to 65cm possible per hood
- Diaphragm check valves
- Bayonet cap nozzle holders
- Quick and easy access to nozzles for maintenance
- Optional soil engaging plant protection shields for added plant safety
- 80 degree Evenspray nozzles for improved spray pattern
- Optional wheel sizes to suit the crop. For crops such as lettuce where inter row clearance is important a narrow 50mm wide wheel is available. For Crops such as Oil Seed Rape a large robust pneumatic tyre of 370 x 160mm is recommended in order to ride out the bumps and therefore provide stable operation
- Nozzles can be fitted as singles or twin
- Special holder with 4 modes of adjustment – height, angle, rotate leg, rotate fan.
- Special liquid fertiliser brackets can be incorporated into the crop shield for precise placement below the leaf canopy